Countries like Pakistan comes under the category of developing nations. There is still much development going on related to education, infrastructure, health facilities, etc. There are a few humanitarians who have left no stone unturned to propel the development of this nation. They have made use of their experience and knowledge in the growth of Pakistan. Bashir Dawood and mariyamdawood are such individuals who are contributing to the health sector in Pakistan. You will come to know incredible efforts taken up by both of them further below.
Sick Kids Foundation
It is a health organization that began running in 1875 in Canada. Bashir Dawood and Mariyam Dawood have joined hands with this organization to eradicate illnesses that affect the majority of the kids in Pakistan. There is research undergoing to include more medical facilities to keep these kids’ mental and physical health in check. The funding has been provided by the couple to this organization. With the help of those funds, new medical equipment has been installed to eradicate rare illnesses and affect the kids physically.
History Of Sick Kids Foundation
This foundation has an interesting history behind its starting. A few of the points related to the history of sick kids foundation are
- It was started by Mrs Elizabeth McMaster in 1875 in Canada. After witnessing the death of thousands of kids in Toronto in the past fifty years, this compassionate lady thought to do something for ailing and helpless kids.
- It was opened in rented premises with the mission to give health aid to all kids irrespective of their financial situation.
- Initially, there were only sixteen beds in total that increased to three hundred and twenty beds in the year 1892. These beds were up-to-date and helped in the health promotion.
- In 1908, the first milk pasteurization plant in Canada was set up in this hospital. It was done to avoid disease from spreading because of contaminated milk.
- In 1920, the theory of blood transfusion was implemented in kids in this hospital. It was used to save the lives of ailing kids with the process of blood donation within compatible blood groups.
- In 1954, a research institute for Sick Kids was established to solve complex health issues kids faced in this hospital.
- In 1972, the fundraising organization of this hospital named the Sick Kids Foundation was founded. It was formed to arrange funds for treating a million kids.
Thus, Mariyam and Bashir Dawood are still associated with this foundation to help eradicate illnesses and pave a healthy world.