Water heaters are important appliance in you home that supply hot water to cater to your need sin both bathing and cooking. But just like with other appliances that you have at home, there comes a time when your water heater goes bad and you need a replacement. Unfortunately, not many people know what to look out for when buying a new water heater. In this article, we are going to look at the factors that you have to consider when buying a new water heater. The following tips will help you through the buying process
If you need to install new water heater or you have an old and rusty heater in your home, the following tips are going to be helpful. However, you first have to look at the size of your family. In addition, you have to consider the available space and utilities in your home. When getting the tank, follow the below tips:
- Storage tank. Storage tank is one of the most important parts of a water heater. It comes in different forms including gas, electric and liquid propane. If you are concerned about the budget, you can go for the gas tanks as they are more affordable than their electric counterparts.
- Tank size. You also need to consider tank size based on the number of people in your house hold. If you are just two in the house, you can settle for the 30 gallon water tank, 4 people – 40 gallon, 5 people- 80 gallon and so on.
- Space. You need to determine the space dimensions that you need in order to install the water tank. Such dimensions should take into account your future plans. If you intend to install a bigger tank as your family grows, you have to make allocations for that as well. Also know that, you will need to change the pipes when the time comes.
- If you already have a water tank in your home and just want to add hot water, simply install a separate tank for the hot water.
- The other alternative that you have is to install tankless water heaters that do not store hot water. These appliances just heat the water on demand thus saving you a lot of energy. These heaters come in variants that are powered by electricity or gas.
- It is also important to note that, when shopping for water heater, look for other accessories that you may need including: water alarms, heater stands, pressure regulators and even insulation blankets.
With the above information, we are sure that you can now get the best water heaters in the market. Water heater installation is a simple process but you need to look at what is available on both local and online stores so that you can find the best deal.