Himachal Pradesh is one of the popular tourism states in the Northern India. Himachal Pradesh is a state which has a lot of hill stations, mountains, and natural environment. Himachal Pradesh is bordered by six different states such as Jammu Kashmir in the north of Himachal, Punjab, and Chandigarh on the west, Haryana on the south-west, Uttarakhand on the south-east and Uttar Pradesh in the south of Himachal.
Different tourist places to visit in Himachal Pradesh are mentioned down below. They are as follows:
- Shimla: Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh. This place is known for its colonial architecture, Himalayan views which a beautiful landscape, museums, Temples, Church and the very famous Mall Road. You will also find the army camp in Shimla. The Mall Road is the commercial area of Shimla where you will find all the local and branded shops, restaurants, cafes etc. It is a small town but surrounded by beautiful mountains. Another place to visit in Shimla is Kufri. Kufri is a small hill station located in the district of Shimla. It is 20 kilometres away from the main Shimla town. During the winters or snow, there are a lot of adventure sports that you do in Kufri such as Ziplining, Skiing, Yak riding, Horse riding etc.
- Manali: Manali is a town that is located in the northern region of Himachal Pradesh. It is the perfect place for adventure sports like skiing and trekking in the Solang and Parvati Valley. You can also do paragliding, rafting, and mountaineering. The other famous places to visit in Manali are the temples, Mall Road, Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art.
- Dharamsala: Dharamsala is another city in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is located on the edge of the Himalayan Mountains. Dharamsala is home for the famous monk Dalai Lama. It is a centre of the Buddhist monks and for Buddhism. Another Tibetan enclave in Dharamsala that is a must place to visit is McLeod Ganj. This again is a small hill station surrounded by the Himalayan Mountains. Dharamsala is the main centre for the Tibetans. You will also find the monastery, Tibetan culture, and art museums, institutes which preserve Tibetan arts, music, dance, and performance.
- Kasauli: Kasauli is a small hill station located in the northern region of Himachal Pradesh. The few of the places to visit are HawaGhar, Sunset Point, Monkey Point where you can overlook the forest of horse chestnut and Himalayan oak etc. A small Hanuman temple is located in Monkey Point. You cannot miss the Gilbert Nature Trail where you can find the amazing birdlife.
- Kullu: Kullu is located on the Banks of the Beas River. It is the capital town of the Kullu district. Kullu is a broad open valley. This valley is formed by the Beas River between Largi and Manali. Kullu is famous for its hills covered with pine and deodar forest, apple orchards, temples etc. Some of the top sights to visit are Rupi Palace, Temples, and Nature Park Mohal, etc. Another place to visit in Kullu district is Kasol. Kasol is a village in the Kullu district. It is located on the banks of the Parvati River. Some of the places to visit in Kasol are Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara, hot water spring, Chalal Trek Trail, temples, etc.
These are few of the famous places to visit in Himachal Pradesh. There are many smaller hill stations situated here. The best thing to do while planning your Himachal trip is to take a Himachal Tour Package. This will help you to cover the important and main places in Himachal Pradesh. You can do a research on the different tour packages.