If you are a sports fan, you probably heard about HGH. Most people associate HGH with steroid use or cheating but there is such thing as legal growth hormones. It is time that you know more about HGH. By knowing things about HGH, you can determine if this is the thing that you need. Here’s what you need to know about HGH:
What is HGH?
HGH is naturally produced by the pituitary gland. You must know that HGH is vital in different bodily functions. Once HGH is secreted, it will remain active in the bloodstream for many minutes allowing the liver to convert it into growth factors.
What are the benefits of HGH?
HGH can help in so many ways like the following:
- It increases muscle strength: HGH is known to improve physical capacity by stimulating the synthesis of collagen in the tendons and skeletal muscle. As a result, it can increase muscle strength and improve exercise performance.
- It enhances weight loss: you must know that obese people do not respond well to HGH stimuli release. However, after the weight reduction, HGH responsiveness will be complete.
- It promotes stronger bones: HGH stimulates the release of HGH, which is crucial for regulating bone growth – especially during puberty.
- It promotes better sleep: HGH secretion happens after sleep and it will continue to rise during sleep. Keep in mind that lack of sleep alters pituitary function thereby affecting growth hormone release time.
How to boost HGH?
You need to boost HGH to avoid deficiency. Symptoms of deficiency vary with age. With this, it is important that you know how to boost HGH naturally and artificially.
- Through exercise: high-intensity exercise induces HGH secretion. In fact, HIIT workouts are effective in your overall health and wellness. You must be aware that HIIT workouts can increase HGH levels at least 300-500%.
- Through adequate rest: as mentioned, HGH secretion mostly happens after sleep and it will continue to rise during sleep. Knowing this, you have to ensure that you promote better sleep habits. There are simple strategies you can consider to help optimize your sleep like avoiding blue light exposure before your bedtime, reading a book, making sure the bedroom has comfortable temperature and not consuming caffeine late.
- Through L-arginine supplements: L-arginine can increase HGH levels at least 100%.
- Through L-glutamine supplements: L-glutamine is popular for enhancing exercise performance. It is also considered in maintaining acid-base balance and storage of glycogen in the muscle.
- Through GABA supplements: GABA refers to a non-protein amino acid. It serves as a neurotransmitter, which can send signals around the brain. It is known to be a calming agent but it can also increase HGH levels.
- Through sugar intake reduction: bear in mind that an increase in insulin will diminish your HGH production. Sugar and refined carbs raise insulin the most. With this, you need to reduce your intake of such to help optimize your HGH levels.
Having healthy levels of HGH is important in your growth, development and bodily functions. Now that you know some things about HGH, you can start paying closer attention. Before you take any supplements, you need to consult your doctor.