As per the FCRA legal decision company that does a background check for employees must keep the employee informed about what check they will carry out. Apart from that the company also must give that information in writing to the candidate selected for any post. With the acceptance obtained from the candidate, the company can proceed with the background check. They mostly take help from a third party background check service provider who has the required data and experience in the business. There are ways to understand the best service provider. They are listed as follows.
Qualities of Best Background Check Service Provider
- When price factor is considered the company must be sure of selecting the best background check service provider. It is essential that the service provider charges a standard rate per the industry rate and offer quality work. One must not go behind a cheap player as he may not provide details that are precise. At the same time, high price need not be paid for availing the service as there is a price slab and it is required by the service provider to abide by the same.
- Next is the precision, as background check data speaks about the conduct of an individual. Therefore, accuracy is of crucial importance otherwise the life of an individual will be at stake. Check for the service provider history to know that they have the necessary details to offer an accurate report about any individual.
- There are many services provided by the verification company, and one must know what is required to be checked by their employee. Also, the price must be appropriate to the data looked at. Check if the service provider can give different rates for various checks so that one can make use of only details that is required for their business. The separate records will include criminal check, financial check, experience, education, etc.
- When the company decides to check the criminal record of the individual, then it must make sure to understand that the background verification company has collected details from the local court. It cannot give such information without evidence. Hence, FIR verification must be done which can be obtained only if are connected with the local court authorities.
- The verification company must be able to advise the client about the legal requirement involved in conducting the check. Many new businesses may not be aware, and the very purpose they outsource is to take help from a professional firm. Hence, the best background check service provider must offer guidance on the same inclusive of the service they provide. Also, they must educate the company about the dos and donts of the report.
- Check if the company can provide details about all locations and services. If they can do so, then it is good to connect with one player to get input about candidates across the country. Otherwise, it becomes difficult to take two services, and that will incur a cost.
- Make sure they provide the report in a compatible format so that it can be used for future purposes. For instance, if they give only the hardcopy, then it is difficult to store them on a long run. Hence, check if they give it a soft copy, which will save space and can be searched quickly whenever required.
- Finally, know the turnaround time as it is essential based on the business need.
Following these simple tips can help find the best background check service provider.